SVQ Social Services and Healthcare ( Level 4) Leadership and Management
The Level 4 Care Services Leadership and Management Award enables managers and senior practitioners to gain a competency-based qualification which meets national standards for best practice within the area of care management. It is also accepted for registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
The course covers the following key management areas:
- Knowledge and understanding of the management role.
- Developing skills to ensure managers are working within the National Care Standards.
- Professional development of self and others.
- Increasing awareness of relevant legislation within the Care Sector.
The CSLM (SCQF level 10) at Verg is aimed at those working in the Health and Social Care Sector. This is a work-based qualification that meets the requirements of the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) and is in line with registration and regulation of the Social Care Workforce.
Individuals who require to top up existing SVQ credits should contact us to discuss in more
Minimum entry requirements
- To be employed in your current role within the Health and Care Sector for a minimum of 6 months.
- Be in a supervisory, or managerial role.
- You must have the support of your employer.
WHAT YOU STUDY
- You will be required to complete four mandatory units and four optional units.
- You will be supported by your assessor to choose four optional units which reflect your current role and practice.
AFTER THE COURSE
You will be able to register with the SSSC as a lead practitioner/manager and must be in employment in a leadership, or managerial role.