A food hygiene certificate is required for those working or seeking to work in the food services and handling industry. The course covers all aspects of safe food handling to ensure participants have a high level of knowledge and understanding of the existing legislation and best practice of food handling.
It also covers the management of the working environment including cleaning practices, common pests which are found with food and how to control them, and personal hygiene of those handling the food.
The identification of good food safety procedures and the implementation of food safety systems based on HACCP principles will be highlighted throughout the course.
- an introduction to food hygiene, including HACCP
- bacteria and their characteristics
- the incidence of food poisoning and its prevention
- personal hygiene and working habits of the food handler
- the working environment
- cleaning practices
- common food pests and their control
- food safety legislation
ITA Funding available