SVQ Social Services and Healthcare ( Level 4)
The SVQ Level 4 in Social Services and Healthcare is aimed at those currently working in the health and social care sector. This is a work-based qualification that meets the requirements of the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) are in line with registration and regulation of the social care workforce.
You will be required to complete four mandatory units and four option units.
All assessment is work-based and is carried out within the care setting. You will be supported by your assessor to choose four option units that reflect your current role and practice.
This course is placed on the Scottish Credit Qualifications Framework at Level 9.
Minimum entry requirements
- Be employed in your current role within the health and care sector for a minimum of 6 months.
- Be in a supervisory or manager role.
- You must have the support of your employer.
WHAT YOU STUDY
- Effective communication systems and practice.
- Leading practice for health and safety in the work setting.
- Taking responsibility for the continuing professional development of yourself and others.
- Leading practice that promotes the safeguarding of individuals.
AFTER THE COURSE
You will be able to register with the SSSC as a lead practitioner/Manager and must be in employment in a leadership or management role.
The qualification can lead to the Care Services Leadership and Management (CSLM) SVQ (SCQF Level 10).