SVQ Social Services and Healthcare ( Level 3)
The SVQ Level 3 in Social Services and Healthcare is aimed at those working in the Health and Social Care sector. This is a work-based qualification that meets the requirements of the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) and is in line with the registration and regulation of the social care workforce.
You will be required to complete four mandatory units and four optional units.
All assessment is work-based and is carried out within the care setting. You will be supported by your assessor to choose four option units that reflect your current role and practice.
This course is placed on the Scottish Credit Qualifications Framework at Level 7.
Minimum entry requirements
- You should be employed in the Health and Care sector for a minimum of 6 months.
- You must have the support of your employer.
WHAT YOU STUDY
- Effective Communication.
- Health, Safety and Security in the Work Setting.
- Developing Your Practice Through Reflection and Learning.
- Safeguarding of Individuals.
AFTER THE COURSE
You will be able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council as a practitioner and be employed in social service, social care or healthcare setting working with adults.